A handyman from Cornwall has been sentenced after conducting gas work and leaving it in an unsafe condition.

Truro Crown Court heard how, throughout April 2016, David Lee Adams undertook the installation of a Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) hob in a permanent static home. A properly registered gas engineer inspected the work and found it to be immediately dangerous.

An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that Mr Adams wasn’t Gas Safe Registered at the time he conducted this work.

David Lee Adams of New Portreath Road, Redruth pleaded guilty to breaching Regulations 3(3) of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, and Section 3(2) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974. He has been sentenced to 14 months imprisonment, suspended for 2 years, and required to complete 200 hours of unpaid work. Mr Adams was also ordered to pay costs of £4,000.

Read the full story here…

Cornwall based handyman sentenced for unregistered gas work

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.