Who are Safety Horizon (South West)?
Safety Horizon (South West) Limited began trading 10 years ago as a specialist provider of Health and Safety Support, Training and Consultancy.
With over 30 years’ experience in the Health and Safety sector, covering various industries our clients are in good hands.
The key people involved with Safety Horizon (South West).
Mark is a personable Chartered Health and Safety professional with an aim to ensure he adds value to his clients businesses by:
- Influencing all levels of an organisation by acting as a health and safety ‘salesman’ not a ‘policeman’.
- Advising on all levels statutory requirements to maintain compliance.
- Delivering health and safety in a positive way.
- Helping to negotiate more competitive insurance premiums
- Reducing the likelihood of accidents and the impact on the business.
Mark has worked within health and safety for almost 20 years and is the founder of Safety Horizon (South West). Mark has achieved the following industry status’ for supporting his many years of service to clients:
- Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- Diploma in Safety Management (DipSM)
- Diploma in Environmental Management (DipEM)
- Member of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (MIIRSM)
- Qualified Lead Auditor
- Preparing to Teach Lifelong Learning (PTTLS)
- Member of the Fire Protection Association (FPA)
Matthew has worked in the construction industry since 1982 and joined Safety Horizon (South West) in 2010. He is accredited by the CITB to deliver a range of Site Safety Plus Training courses, including SMSTS and SSSTS.
In addition to training, Matthew carries various other responsibilities, including:
- Conduct of various assessments for COSHH, fire, manual handling and general workplace
- Developing and delivery of bespoke training courses for various clients
- Delivering bespoke or accredited IOSH training courses
- Coaching Health and Safety professionals on training techniques
- Preparing policies, procedures and various templates which integrate into a Health, Safety and Environmental management system
- Chair of safety committee meetings
- Carrying out incident investigations and providing written reports
- Represent clients as a CDM Coordinator or support principal contractors to fulfill their specific duties.