On 1 January 2018 Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 (IRR17) replaced IRR99.

Depending on the ionising radiation work being carried out, employers may need to apply to the Health and Safety Executive to:

  • notify us of the work
  • register the work
  • get consent for the work

Whether you notify, register or get consent depends on the level of risk of the work you do.

For more info: http://www.hse.gov.uk/radiation/ionising/notification-process.htm

Working with ionising radiation: notify, register or get consent

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *